Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Someone actually found it insulting that anonymous comments will not be allowed on my blog!

Asalaamu Alaikam,

How silly is that, really? I mean, all I am saying is that people need to identify themselves, and cannot hide behind a veil of secrecy. If you are willing to say something hateful or degrading, you should be willing to identify yourself. That is, if you feel that what you are saying is right, and not hateful or degrading. The only reason why someone would want to hide their identity would be that they are feeling shame, and know that what they are doing is not right.

It doesn't really matter when you think of it. If you are Muslim, and truly believe in the teachings of Islam, then you should know that Allah knows all that you do. When you insult or hurt someone, even in secrecy, Allah knows this. You cannot hide your bad behavior from Allah.

Perhaps they think that in hiding their identities they have some power. They do not have any power, and only show what cowards they truly are. They are showing clearly that if they were face to face with us, they wouldn't dare to say the things that they say in anonymity online. This is poor etiquette. Trust me when I tell you that anything that I say here, I will openly say in "real life" (I dislike that term "real life," because I do not see where the internet is not part of real life, and the same rules of etiquette should apply).

Anyways, I just thought that I would share the ridiculousness of it all. If you do not like the fact that you cannot lob your attacks at me and other moderately minded Muslims in secrecy, perhaps you should just move away from this blog and stop reading it. It's really not intended for the close-minded anyways. The close-minded have enough of their own sites on the internet; I think they will do just fine without having unlimited access to mine.

It's really nothing more than their being upset about being powerless here. It's a power game for them. It always has been, and always will be.



No comments: